Choosing a front door can be a difficult decision – not only does it influence the appearance of your home, but it’s also important to factor in the security aspects too. When it comes to types of front doors, composite and uPVC doors are perhaps two of the most popular choices. Despite their popularity, it can be difficult to distinguish the differences between composite and UPVC doors, making it a tough decision to make when you’re thinking of investing in a new one. When choosing a door, you want one that looks good whilst having the ability to stand the test of time.
So, if you’re wondering what the differences are between composite and uPVC doors, then this is the blog for you.
If you’re looking for a door that provides safety and security, then a composite door should be at the top of your list. Composite doors are made up of different elements, such as uPVC and timber, providing you with a traditional appearance whilst being durable. With an extensive range of design options, composite doors always impress. But what are their benefits? Find out below!
- Appearance is Key – One of the main advantages of a composite door is that you have the choice of either a contemporary look or a traditional one. No matter which option you choose, you can be confident that a composite door can breathe some life back into your home. As door specialists, we know how important it is to have a home that you can be proud of. With that in mind, composite doors are the perfect choice for those looking for a high-class front door. When guests come to visit your house, it’s often the front door that they see first and, as the saying goes, first impressions count! Having a home with a composite door will make your guests feel jealous that they don’t own one too!
- Strong & Durable – It goes without saying that British weather is unpredictable, meaning that you’ll need to invest in a door that has the ability to withstand all types of climate. The weather can not only have a detrimental impact on the physical appearance, but it can also damage how the door works and functions. One of the main characteristics of a composite door is that it is both strong and durable. Composite doors are insulated with a foam core and a robust outer frame, making this door perfect for almost any environment. Composite doors are renowned for being windproof, meaning they won’t rot, rust or warp in the heat. When you invest in a door you expect it to last for a long time. It’s not uncommon to see composite doors last for over thirty years, so you know it can be a great investment for your home!
- No Maintenance – Just one more positive of a composite door is that it requires little to no maintenance. Keeping on top of things in your house can be time-consuming, but adding your door to that list is something that you need to do. As aforementioned, the weather has no impact on composite doors, so there’s no need to worry about that!
- Noise Reduction – No matter where you live, there are always disturbances that can impact the noise in your home. Whether your house is located on a main road or you have noisy neighbours, every homeowner wants to have some peace and quiet. The structure of composite doors means that any unwanted noise doesn’t seep through into your home.
Now that we have explained what a composite door is and the benefits that come with it, you might be wondering what a uPVC door can offer instead. Essentially, a uPVC door is made by encasing an insulated steel frame in unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (uPVC). Whilst uPVC doors are largely made up of plastic, composite doors are made up from a number of different materials that are compressed and glued together. So what are the benefits of using a uPVC door?
- Energy Efficient – One of the main benefits of owning a uPVC door is that it is energy efficient. As we are in the midst of an energy crisis, we’re constantly looking for different ways to cut down on our utility bills. In this instance, uPVC doors can be a great investment when it comes to energy efficiency because these doors are designed to prevent temperature changes. This is particularly important in the cold winter months because the door won’t allow the heat to escape your house. As a result of this, your heating system doesn’t have to work as hard in order to heat up your house, thus reducing your utility bill.
- Longevity – Similar to composite doors, uPVC doors are known for their strength and durability. Traditional doors made from wood can have a tendency to warp or rot without regular maintenance, which is something that is not a concern with uPVC doors. In fact, uPVC isn’t impacted at all by weather, giving you complete peace of mind that your doors will stand the test of time.
- Available in a Range of Styles – Whether you’re looking for a sliding door for your patio or a folding door, UPVC’s versatility means that it can complement almost any home. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a uPVC door that doesn’t suit your home, so why not explore our range of Profile 22 uPVC doors today?
- Cost-Effective – Now that we have touched on the benefits of investing in uPVC doors, you might be wondering just how expensive they are. Well, because they are much cheaper to actually produce, this means that uPVC doors are much cheaper in comparison to those expensive hardwood and metal doors. Usually, if the material is pricey to make, then this is reflected in the price of the door itself. Despite being a cheaper alternative, this doesn’t mean it compromises on sturdiness and durability. It’s this affordable and cost-effective price coupled with its reliability that is making the uPVC door the go-to pick for homeowners.
Investing in a new door can be a tough decision, and it’s integral that you choose the right company to provide you with high-quality services when it comes to designing, supplying and installing bespoke doors. If you’re not sure what to look out for in a door company, then take a look below!
Just like most things, the experience of the company plays a pivotal role in the outcome of the project. Enlisting the help of door specialists that have a wealth of experience behind their belts gives you peace of mind that you’re receiving the best possible service. Every house is different, with unique challenges and obstacles thrown up in every project. Considering this, hiring a company that has seen it all means they know exactly how to resolve any issue that comes their way.
One of the best ways to get a taste of what sorts of products the company offers is by visiting showrooms. The last thing you want is to go through the whole process and not be completely satisfied with the final product, so it’s advised that you take a look to see what the company has to offer. Visiting showrooms is also effective because they have consultants on hand to talk through your options and the different types of bespoke doors they have on offer. Committing to a new door can be a big decision, so it’s recommended that you have a good inspection of the door before making a decision.
Whilst it’s important to hear from the company and what they can offer you, it’s also recommended that you take a look at the reviews and testimonials to hear what customers have to say. Reading through reviews allows you to gain a more authentic and truthful insight into the company and how they operate. For instance, if the company has an abundance of negative reviews on its page, then it’s advisable that you stay away.
If you believe that you’re in need of a new front door, then Prolux are the team for you. Providing both composite and uPVC doors, we’ve got what it takes when it comes to designing, supplying and installing bespoke doors. Not only that, but our servicing team are also on hand to help you maintain the windows and door in your home. Whether it’s damaged glass, hinges or locks, we’ve got you covered. Providing Profile 22 doors and FENSA certified, we can guarantee that you’ll be receiving the best products and services possible. We also offer a ten-year guarantee, so you know you’ll be receiving a product that is totally worth the investment! To find out more about the products and services that we provide, then please get in touch with our expert team today!